Tamar Fresh Ltd strictly prohibits the use of modern slavery and human trafficking in our operations and supply chain. We have and will continue to be committed to implementing systems and controls aimed at ensuring that modern slavery is not taking place anywhere within our organization or in any of our supply chains.
This policy sets out the standards we expect of our suppliers with regards to any products, raw materials or packaging we source from them, and that we have a direct relationship with. We expect those suppliers to apply similar standards and principles throughout their own supply chains.
Employment is freely chosen:
- There is no forced, bonded in involuntary prison labour.
- Workers are not required to lodge “deposits” or their identity papers with their employer and are free to leave their employer after reasonable notice.
Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected:
- Workers, without distinction, have the right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing and to bargain collectively.
- The employer adopts an open attitude towards the activities of trade and their organizational activities.
- Worker’s representatives are not discriminated against and have access to their client in the work place in order to carry out their representative functions.
- Where the right to freedom of association and collective bargaining is restricted under law, the employer facilitates, and does not hinder, the development of parallel means for independent and free association and bargaining.
Working conditions are safe and hygienic:
- A safe and hygienic working environment shall be provided, bearing in mind the prevailing knowledge of the industry and of any specific hazards. Adequate steps shall be taken to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, associated with, or occurring in the course of work, by minimizing, so far as is reasonably practicable, the causes of hazards inherent in the working environment.
- Workers shall receive regular and recorded health and safety training, and such training shall be repeated for new or re-assigned workers.
- Access to clean toilet facilities, portable water, and if appropriate, sanitary facilities shall be provided.
- Accommodation, where provided, shall be clean, safe, and meet the basic needs of the workers.
- The company observing the code, shall assign responsibility for health and safety to a senior management representative.
Child labour shall not be used:
- There shall be no recruitment for child labour.
- Companies shall develop, participate In, and contribute to policies that enable any child found to performing child labour, to attend and remain in quality education until they are no longer a child.
- Children and young people under 18 shall not be employed at night or in hazardous conditions.
- These policies and procedures shall conform to the provisions of the relevant independent local authority standards.
Minimum wages are paid:
- The wages and benefits paid for a standard working week, meet at a minimum national legal standards or industry benchmark standards.
- All workers shall be provided with written and understandable information about their employment conditions with respect to their wages before they entry employment and any changes to the particulars of their wages for the pay period concerned, each time they are paid.
- Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure shall not be permitted nor shall any deductions from wages not provided for by national law without the expressed permission of the worker concerned. All disciplinary measures should be recorded.
Working hours are not excessive:
- Working hours must comply with national law, collective agreements etc.
- Working hours, excluding overtime, shall be defined by the contract.
- All overtime shall be voluntary. Overtime shall be used responsibly, taking into account the extent, frequency and hours worked by individual workers.
- Workers shall be provided with at least one day off in every 7 – day period, and at least 28 days of holiday in the year when working full time.
No discrimination is practiced:
- There is no discrimination in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination, or retirement based on race, caste, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
Regular employment is provided:
- To every extent possible, work performed must be on the basics of recognized employment relationship established through national law and practice.
- Obligations to employees under labour or social security laws and regulations arising from the regular employment relationship shall not be avoided through the use of labour – only contracting, sub – contracting, or home -working arrangements, or through apprenticeship schemes where there is no real intent to impart skill knowledge or provide regular employment, nor shall any such obligations be avoided through the expensive use of fixed – team contracts of employment.
No harsh on inhumane treatment is allowed:
- Physical abuse or discipline, the threat or physical abuse, sexual or other harassment and verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation shall be prohibited.
Implementation and Monitoring:
Tamar Fresh Ltd will regularly assess and monitor the effectiveness of this policy. We will conduct risk assessments, audits, and evaluations to identify and address any areas of concern related to modern slavery and ethical trading.
All employees and relevant parties in the supply chain will receive training on this policy and the importance of preventing modern slavery.
Review and Update:
This policy will be reviewed annually and updated as needed to ensure its continued effectiveness and compliance with legal and industry standards.
This policy will be communicated to all employees, suppliers, and stakeholders. It will be made available on our website, and we encourage feedback from employees and external partners.
Tamar Fresh Ltd is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct, and we expect our employees and suppliers to share in this commitment. Together, we can work towards eliminating modern slavery and promoting ethical practices in all aspects of our business.